Strips N' Curves with Debbie Walters
June 24th & 27th Two Day Workshop
Skill Level: Confident Beginner's and Up
Kit Fee: $37.95 for the Basic Set Templates (4 pcs.)
This set will create a 9” finished block.
This workshop is designed to introduce quilters to the basic set templates and the drunkard's path block with its many (MANY!) variations. The basic Set offers and additional piece to modify the drunkard's path.
Construction methods will be discussed (pieced, turned edge applique, and/or fused.) The class will also explore construction and use of simple strip sets and how they can push your designs to the next level.
This workshop is offered as a two day class. The first day's emphasis will be design and construction of strata using cut strips. The second day will be design and construction of quilt blocks.
*Please note: Your cutting and stitch will be more accurate if you will spray starch and iron your fabric before class.
- 1-1/2 Yards of focus fabric
- 1/3 yard of 17-20 different fabrics that coordinate with your focus fabric. A good option here can also be a jelly roll.
- Basic Sewing Supplies
- Sewing machine in good working order, if you have a knee lift, bring it.
- 1/4" foot is a MUST
- 28mm rotary cutter - this cuts curves so much better!
- cutting mat
- 18-24" ruler
- ultra fine tip sharpie in black
- fine pins
- spray starch